|Area of Operation:||Nationwide|
|Pledge level:||£1499 including £50 registration fee*|
SeeAbility is a UK charity that empowers people with learning disabilities, autism and sight loss to live ambitious lives – achieving things they never thought possible. Whether it’s forming more friendships and relationships, enjoying new experiences, or finding employment, we encourage people with disabilities to challenge what they expect from life, from themselves and from wider society. Our self-advocacy, eye care, supported employment and digital inclusion programmes mean more people with disabilities can achieve their ambitions, while challenging assumptions, attitudes and policies.
Registered as The Royal School for the Blind, SeeAbility is one of the oldest disability charities in the UK and has pioneered specialist support for over 200 years.
Why run with SeeAbility?
We are a small charity, where every penny you raise makes a real difference. Plus you will benefit from a personal support package including:
- Guaranteed place in the race
- A Fundraising Pack with advice on ways to fundraise so you can meet or exceed your target
- A friendly contact to guide and support you with your fundraising activities
- Guidance on setting up your online sponsorship page
- A personalised SeeAbility running vest
- Regular updates with useful training tips to help you prepare for the day
- A post-race reception, where you'll be able to meet up with family, friends and other SeeAbility runners. (Please note, this is subject to any government restrictions that might be in place at the time.)
- Access to a Facebook Community Group of SeeAbility runners where you can share training and fundraising tips in the lead up to race day
So why not sign up and join our SeeAbility Marathon team?
Here's what a SeeAbility Marathon Runner said about us:
"I would like to say thanks for your support. My girlfriend is running for another charity and she has received nowhere near the level of communication and support I have received from SeeAbility. Thank you - it really has made a difference."
* VAT is payable on the registration fee. See the Pledge form for details